- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- chopped green onions and sesame seeds , (for serving)
- Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken and let brown on backside about 3-4 mins then flip and continue to cook until center registers about a 160 degree, about 3 minutes longer.
- while chicken is cooking, in a small mixing bowl (or liquid measuring cup) whisk soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornstarch collectively.
- stir the sauce in with the cooked chicken and continue to cook and toss till sauce has thickened, about 30 – 60 seconds longer.
- Serve warm garnished with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.