- 4 boneless pork chops about half” thick
- ¾ tsp salt or to flavor
- ¼ tsp black pepper or to flavor
- ½ tsp paprika or to taste
- three tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz.mushrooms (white or brown) sliced
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 half cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp parsley optional garnish
1) season red meat chops with salt, pepper and paprika. heat 1 tbsp butter and 2 tsp oil in a large pan over med/high heat.
once hot, sear chops 3 to 4 minutes in each side till golden brown. remove pork chops and cover to keep warm.
2) in the identical pan, add 1 tbsp butter and sliced mushrooms. cook 2 mins over medium heat, or until gently golden.
3) add 1 tbsp butter and onions. gently season with salt and pepper. cook dinner 3-4 minutes, till onions are smooth. add minced garlic and saute 30 seconds, stirring frequently. add flour and stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
4) add the chicken broth, hot sauce, whipping cream and season with salt and pepper to flavor. simmer 2 mins, or until cream starts to thicken. add pork chops again to the skillet and cover with the mushroom sauce. bring the heat to low and simmer 5-8 mins, permitting the pork chops to grow to be tender and the flavors of the mushroom sauce to penetrate into the pork chops. garnish if desired and serve.