- 1 pound skinless & boneless chicken breast sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher to flavor
- 1 red and green bell pepper cored, seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 4 slices 2% provolone cheese
- 4 4-inch crusty wheat rolls
- Preheat oven to 475 degree.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano. in a large skillet add oil and turn the heat to medium-high , add chicken and brown on both sides. Add the peppers and onions in skillet and keep cooking until soft.
- place open rolls on a cookie sheet, add cooked chicken , peppers and onions, top off with a cheese slice on each roll. place rolls in oven and heat till cheese is melted.