- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary, picked and finely chopped
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 (1 1/2-pound every) hanger steaks, trimmed, membrane eliminated and cut in half of lengthwise
- kosher salt
- extra-virgin olive oil
- in a small bowl, integrate the dijon, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and zest, and crushed red pepper. schmear the steaks with this deliciousness and let them rest inside the fridge overnight or up to 2 hours inside the refrigerator.
- preheat the grill. season the steaks with salt.
- when the grill is hot, brush and oil the grill. whilst the flames have dissipated place the steaks on a hot spot on the grill. brush with the extra marinade and move the steaks out of the flame if there is a flare up. grill the steak for 4-5 mins on every side for medium rare. remove of the steaks from the grill and let them relax 5-10 mins before cutting. serve straight away after slicing.