- 4 1/2 lb cube steaks
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup reserved oil from frying
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 325.
- Pound out your steaks to at least 1/4″ thickness, set apart.
- In a large container whisk flour, baking soda , baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder collectively .
- In another bowl whisk buttermilk, egg and hot sauce collectively.
- dredge your steaks in the flour combination then dip into the egg mixture than back into the flour mixture making sure to press down flour to get stuck on the steak nicely.
- place steaks in deep fryer and fry on each side 3-5 minutes till golden brown, put off and drain on paper towel lined plate, repeat with all steaks.
- to make your gravy, in a large pan add 1/4″ of oil from cooking and heat on medium-high, stir in your flour until absorbed and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- slowly add in your milk whisking to mix nicely and heat until thickened then stir in salt and pepper to preferred flavor.
- pour gravy over each and every steak right before serving.