- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ice water
- 4 mid-cut pork rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- In a big saucepan, integrate salt, sugar and 2 cups water; cook and stir over medium heat until salt and sugar are dissolved. Take away from heat. Add 2 cups ice water to cool the brine to room temperature.
- Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag; add cooled brine in the bag and seal it , press the air out as much as you can ; turn to coat chops. Place in a 13×9-in. baking dish. refrigerate 8-12 hours.
- Remove chops from brine; rinse with water and pat dry with paper towel. Discard brine. Brush all sides of chops with oil. In a small bowl, mix rub ingredients ; rub over porkchops. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill chops on an oiled rack, protected, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or till a thermometer reads 145°. Let rest 5 mins earlier than serving.